Thursday, June 28, 2001

I always think I'm going to have more time to blog later. I have a list of about six things that I want(ed) to put up here. We'll see if I ever get that far.

Yesterday I registered my domain. The registration form was online and included a line for "organization" which I left blank because it's just me, not an organization. Now that I think about it, I should have put organization: "superior" or "God-like" since being organized is the thing that keeps me glued to this planet. But back to the order form, it got kicked back to me demanding I fill in the line for organization so in an impulsive smart ass moment I typed in: Insane Genius Posse. Now I'm wondering how this is going to come back to haunt me.

Since I started my whole web-hosting thing I've been working on my pages for the re-launch and finally last night I viewed some of the pages in Netscape instead of Dreamweaver (where they look spectacular, for me), and they looked like crap. Since I'm a style sheet novice I've been trying to figure out if it will be faster to just bail on the style sheets and put everything back OR if I can tweak the style sheet and make it work. I'm thinking the style sheets are going away.

PERFORATION QUESTION

Does anyone know anything about perforations? Like on your bills. I mean, have you ever noticed how the perf that you tear for the little section you put in the envelope to mail back with your check -- it doesn't line up with the natural crease of the paper the way it's folded to go into the envelope -- like by about 3 microns? Okay, well I have noticed this and it's on lots of different bills. This makes no sense, why not design your bill so it lines up? There must be some sort of techno-mechano reason that a form can't be made that lines up the crease and the perforation.