Sunday, February 03, 2002

This has been an interesting week -- um, I'm not going to go into it right now. Yesterday I finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. While I was reading it, I wasn't sure how much I liked it -- I mean, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. But by the time I was finished I was completely won over. This is an impressive piece of writing. I still have lots of books left in my Christmas pile and haven't picked my next one yet. I need to finish February's Atlantic Monthly because March is probably going to drop through the slot this week. And I finally figured out how to get Sarah's manuscript transferred to the laptop so I can read it comfortably. I asked her to email it to me, thinking this saved postage and paper but it never occurred to me how uncomfortable it is to read a novel while sitting in front of your computer.