Tuesday, January 21, 2003

We went to the basketball game last week (Blazers v. Grizzlies) and since this only my second professional sporting event, I took lot of notes because I find them to be such bizarre spectacle. But for some reason I still haven't gotten around to it. I'll see how I feel about it later.

About 10 years ago I started keeping a list of all the books I read and movies I see. It's sloppily done, I'm not always diligent about recording things, but it's nice at the end of the year to have an idea what I saw and read. I realized I am behind in my Sue Graftons and I didn't know where she was at (turns out "Q") and I couldn't remember the last one I read (turns out "N") so I went through my lists and found all the Sue Graftons. I don't have dates for C, E or F either. I think I've read them all but I thought I'd go to the library and get those old ones and skim them quickly for entertainment. The library only had "O" and "P" (I didn't look too hard--this was the hardback area and I bet there is a paperback mystery revolving rack somewhere.) So I grabbed "O" and I finished it this morning at 4am when I had terrible insomnia. I'll go back for "P" on Wednesday and I bet it's gone. That always happens.