Wednesday, November 30, 2005

If you could eliminate any musical artist from the planet -- their entire catalog, who would you pick? Don't waste it on just one song that you hate. Like I HATE The Safety Dance. Yesterday I asked Billy which artist he would eliminate -- he couldn't come up with someone right away -- but I said, don't waste it on just a song, like The Safety Dance. And he didn't know The Safety Dance. He did not know:

We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine


I'm sighing with great exasperation even just typing that. Last night when I was driving home and radio surfing trying to find a good song I land on a station and what's that tune ... ? AK! The Safety Dance. I gasped and swerved and quickly punched another button.

But back to the artist I would eliminate. Off the top of my head: Phil Collins.