Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year
We watched a fantastic movie last night: Nowhere in Africa. It won the foreign film Oscar in 03 and is a beautiful film. It's about a Jewish family that moves to Kenya right before WWII. We both loved it.

I used to have this thing that I called nervous stomach. It was from a combination of eating and drinking too much and I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel sick and be unable to sleep. I would sip a little alka seltzer or ginger tea and read or watch TV and after a couple hours I could fall asleep and I'd be fine in the morning. This used to happen a lot but I can't remember the last time it happened.

Until last night.

And I don't think I drank or ate too much so I don't know what the magical formula is but I woke up at about 11:57pm (of course) and my stomach was lurching all over the place. I made some ginger tea and listened to the fire crackers and then read my book for 2 hours before I fell asleep. I have just enough of a cough to wake me up every two hours so when I finally woke up I was a bit bleary eyed and had a slight twinge of a headache. Somehow I couldn't let the rest of the world go through it without me.