Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pumpkins!
This Year's Harvest
I was going to have a pumpkin picture with the special effects camera and then draw a picture of my pumpkin crop using my amazing Illustrator skills. But look, the camera worked fine. What do you think this means? Maybe the outdoor light makes it tweak? Maybe there was a hoozit loose and I bumped it back in? My guess is that it's still broken and this is the anomaly.

Last night I got rid of a door-to-door salesman by whining. It's not such a great story but the gist of it is, he was a nice guy and I didn't want to be an ass but I really didn't want to deal with him, especially at that moment because I had food on the stove. He did his script where no matter what I said, he had a response and he wanted to make an appointment and if I've learned anything in this life, it's that if you put your name and phone number on a piece of paper, you will be tormented without mercy until the end of time. Don't do it.

He kept doing his thing and I finally interrupted him with my whiniest whine and said, "I know you're trying to do your job but I don't want to deal with this." He thanked me for hearing him out and left.

The power of WHINE.