Friday, July 20, 2007


Migration
Last night Bob went to bed really early and crashed hard. When I went to bed he was sleeping on my side.

"Hey Hon, you're on my side," I said.

From the way he grunted without even twitching a muscle, I knew he couldn't be moved. I crawled in on his side favoring the middle and crashed hard myself.

I vaguely remember waking in the night and I was still mostly in the middle but Bob had gotten up and crawled back in on his side and was hugging the edge.

When I woke in the morning I was totally on my side and he was gone.

I think it's funny that people pick a side and stick with it. (I'm assuming this is true, any couples out there regularly switch sides?) And it feels funny to be on his side. Like if I wasn't so tired I might not fall asleep.

I don't know what to do with myself this afternoon. We ran some errands this morning. I'd like to putter in the yard but it's raining a little too hard for that. I don't mind a drizzle but this is heavier than a drizzle. It's not like I don't have a million other things to do.

The photo is from the men's room at the office. Apparently there is a room other than the bathroom part that is the "sprinkler room." I still think it's funny.