Friday, September 07, 2007



This morning as I got on Highway 14 from Interstate 5 I passed a man standing on the other side of the divider wearing a big fur hat with a gallon jug of milk balanced on the divider and he was writing notes on a piece of paper. What do you think that was all about?

I've lived in Vancouver 12 years next March and I finally figured out how to drive from Trader Joes to the Mall from the freeway. I think I've taken every single exit in the vicinity and made oodles of u-turns in my quest to find the right path. I like to think the signage was updated because now there's a sign for the mall that tells you what exit to take. But I can't be sure I just wasn't always doing it wrong before.

I think Trader Joes should hire me as a wine consultant. Every time I'm there I find myself recommending wine or giving feedback to other customers. I'm the expert on the $7 or less bottles of red.

I did a huge bunch of errands this morning. The only thing I missed was the credit union. I tried to find this branch I haven't been to in a long time and it took me awhile to figure it out and then when I finally found it and it wasn't there I remembered that I haven't been there in a long time because it's closed. By the time I would have gotten to my regular branch it would be Noon and everyone knows what a bad idea it is to do banking at Noon. That item will have to wait.



I tried a new product. I'm not a major makeup wearer but I throw a bit on every day. I don't know what I thought I was buying, some sort of light foundation type thing. This morning I put it on as I'd put on my regular and found myself smearing on a heavy layer of clown make up. I looked into the mirror and said, "Obviously, too much." So I went to wash it off and found that it had bonded to my skin like a rubber mask or something. Water was rolling off my skin. I totally panicked thinking this was going to be my face for the next 3 months and I was going to have to go around and be laughed at by strangers and explain to my co-workers that I'd applied a 3 week supply of make up to my face by mistake and now it was a permanent bond, please get used to it. Two cleansers and some raw red skin later: success.

Also this morning I was parked in the garage at our house. Normally I'm parked in the driveway. I'm so locked in to my habits, I got in the car, reached over for the garage door opener, hit the button and closed the garage door. While I was sitting in my car in the garage.