Saturday, April 11, 2009



First few few tulips are peeking out in the backyard.

I've had a wicked headache since I woke up this morning. I don't know what's going on. I did not drink adult beverages and I went to bed early last night.

I hope this isn't the prelude to some icky flu bug or my head being about to explode.



I like the daffodils with the little orange cups in the middle.

Does anyone else watch Bones and is it just me or is this season getting weirder and weirder? I can just picture a big pep talk for the writers, "We want bigger and better episodes. No character arc is too stupid. No idea is too crazy. No crime scene can be too disgusting." Then they dared each other to see who could come up with the most insane ideas.

"Bones and Angel will join the circus."

"We'll explore the art world with a body found in crushed car as a work of art."

"Something at Comic-con with people in costumes."

"Angela will become celibate and talk about it in every episode."

"Body will be all ground up and investigators will refer to it as chili con carne."

The above was the opener to this week's episode and I was eating my lunch. Gak. At least I wasn't eating chili.

Also this week there was this bizarre break in the middle where two of the actors explained what was going on during the episode.

I don't hate it I just think the renewed devotion to weirdness is worth noting.



The pink tree out front is finally blooming.

I used to use Tom's of Maine toothpaste that I bought at Trader Joes. Last time I bought toothpaste, Tom's was gone and there was a Trader's Joe's brand in its place.

I tried it and it tasted so awful it can only be part of dental conspiracy designed to make people avoid brushing their teeth. But I didn't throw it away because I hate wasting things. I finally used the last little bit. Yesterday I was at Freddie's and I found some Tom's and I've been brushing every half hour ever since.