Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Party Book



A couple of months ago I went to a book swap at Camille's and I found this gem. I don't like to collect things, especially things with recipes because I already have too many, but every once in awhile I find an old cookbook with awesome graphics and goofy recipes that I have to take home with me.

This one is copyright 1961 and not only is the party book fun but inside there were clipped magazine recipes and a carefully printed letter on lined newsprint from a youngster that is hilarious. I should have scanned it but I didn't think of it.



The party book has ideas for all kinds of gatherings, Arbor Day parties, gender specific birthday parties, Mother's Day. It's the book that gave me the idea for getting into molded foods.



Speaking of molded foods, in yesterday's Oregonian there's a recipe for a molded food with strawberries, unflavored gelatin and whipped cream. I'd like to link the recipe but I can't find it right now. The recipe says to use ramekins but I'm going to use some of my fancy molds. I'll take pictures.

I'm trying to cut back on my recipe clipping because it's getting ridiculous. Well, it's been ridiculous for quite some time. But look at these recipes for grilled bread. Every summer I vow to master the grill and every summer it's one of those things I never manage to get to. I'm going to clip it anyway because grilled bread would be delicious.