Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Original Extra Strong



I still have tons of trip pictures to share but I wanted to put up some backyard pictures.

As I predicted almost 3 weeks ago my souvenir chest cough is still hanging around. I'm now at the stage where 2 or 3 times a day plus at bedtime I'm overcome with a coughing fit so terrible it sounds like someone is killing me and I have to hold my hands over my face so my eyeballs don't pop out.

The things that help are hot tea and Fisherman's Friend so I walk around sloshing and smelling mentholated.



The deal with the colonoscopy, as I understand it, is that they like to start screening at 50 and as long as everything is normal, doing the test every 10 years.

If you have family history (and I do) and insurance that will pay for it, they like to start earlier. My doctors started bugging me about in the last couple of years and I always said that I'd call and make the appointment later. I recently had another health issue and my doctor very strongly urged me again to do the test and I caved.

The doctor said if the test is normal and my sister's tests are normal, I go on the 10 year schedule like everyone else.