Thursday, May 30, 2002

I still haven't fully gotten my act together yet. I have no excuse. I just don't feel like sitting at the computer long enough to organize my thoughts. Tonight I was sitting out in the backyard and looking at the rhodies. The purple one is starting to fade and the pink one never did much -- I think the ivy is choking it out. I guess I'll hack back some ivy this weekend as a project. But ivy is so yicky and you never know what's taken up residence in there. The thing is, I thought rhodies were close to indestructible. After the nuclear war there'd be cockroaches and rhodies. I have another rhodie in front -- this was the one trying to bloom in October. It practically collapsed under the blooms so I guess it's still among the living. I'm going to deadhead and give it a good hack this weekend.

I have a lot of ideas for projects this weekend, I'm going to have to prioritize otherwise I'm going to do that thing where I have so many things to do that I can't start anything and end up in the house eating cheese and crackers and watching movies.