Sunday, February 16, 2003

For Valentine's Day I made Bob triple chocolate brownies with a recipe from a magazine. I've never made this recipe before and it said to be careful not to overbake so I guess I underbaked because the resulting treats were like chocolate sludge and not sliceable. They tasted great. Now that they've been in the fridge you can sort of cut a wedge off.

I also made a roast chicken (which I have never done before) and I used three different recipes for reference. One recipe had photos and suggested trussing the bird using string. I didn't have any string. We have twine for the garden and that didn't seem appropriate so I asked my sister if I could use dental floss and if it would be okay if the floss was mint flavored because that was all we had. She said it sounded pretty Bridget Jones.