Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I always think of lots of things to blog when I'm trying to fall asleep and I often draw a big blank when I'm sitting here.

My sister sent me this URL: Be Kind to Introverts. "Do you know someone who needs hours alone every day? Who loves quiet conversations about feelings or ideas, and can give a dynamite presentation to a big audience, but seems awkward in groups and maladroit at small talk? Who has to be dragged to parties and then needs the rest of the day to recuperate? Who growls or scowls or grunts or winces when accosted with pleasantries by people who are just trying to be nice? ... It has been learned, by means of brain scans, that introverts process information differently from other people ... ." Now, in writing, something I've known about myself for a long time.

I also found a good URL with earth satellite pictures from NASA where I managed to waste a lot of time downloading images.

I finally saw Rabbit Proof Fence this weekend. An amazing film, really well done -- I'm trying to write a quick review and keep erasing my words so I'll just say this: it's a very sad story about assimilating aborigines into white society -- it happened in the US and Canada too -- but the filmmakers managed to keep it from being all tragedy. It's worth seeing -- just trust me.

And last item, I was doing some research online related to this writing project I'm working on and I found one of my favorite Hollywood days guitarists Paul Gilbert online. I gotta go back and look at all the stuff. It looks like Racer X is still around too. I still have Second Heat on vinyl -- although I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to it.