Monday, March 05, 2007

How To Clean Your Baking Stone
First I took it outside to chip off all the baked on bread crust. I had to get pretty rough. I took it outside so I wouldn't spend the rest of the day vacuuming bread crumbs from every crevice in the kitchen.

Once the major chunkage was off, I put the baking stone in the sink. I found a clean kitchen towel and got it wet and draped it over the baking stone and let it sit. Periodically I'd check on it and find that the now softened bread bits were ready to scrape off.

When all the crust was gone I sprinkled the whole stone with baking soda and a drizzle of water and gave it a good scrub. Thorough rinse and voila: nice clean baking stone ready for the next baking disaster.

In other news, I know this is a tiresome subject (ha ha) but I woke up at 1:30a this morning. 1:30! I've been up since 1:30! Have you noticed the worst nights are always the nights before work? Nothing like starting the work week tired and cranky.