Saturday, July 18, 2009

Clarion West Begathon Week #4 Progress Report

Word Count: 4069
Submission: 1 (see? I'm going to come through)

Previous updates: Week#3, Week#2 and Week #1

About once a year I put together a list and buy a big bunch of spices from Penzey's. I just got my order this week. Anyone who's known me for 5 minutes will know that I veer toward the thrifty. Co-worker was making fun of me last week for washing the plastic forks after lunch.



I am a big fan of bay leaves but I've had this bag for at least 2 years, probably longer. I figured it was time to just toss these and get some new ones. You can see I've barely made a dent in my 1 oz. bag.

I placed my order assuming I was buying the smallest bag which is why I was shocked when I opened the box to find this. It's 4 oz. in case you can't tell.



If you know me in the real world, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will arrive at your door shortly with some fresh bay leaves. Also everything in this house from chai to tacos will be made with bay leaves.



When are the tomatoes going to be ready? I'm so impatient. I check them every day. I also have some sort of squash that volunteered. Three times. That's the wonder of compost, no doubt. I still can't be sure what shape they are. They look like green ones shaped like hearts.