Friday, March 19, 2010

Woo! Up at 3am



We passed this creepy ad when were were on the train. "Did I just see a little blonde children-of-the-corn girl flipping me off?" I asked Bob. Later we saw it again in the train station and I grabbed a photo.

I stayed awake until about 2 minutes past 8pm last night. I got two solicitation phone calls in the evening and I was afraid the phone was going to wake me if I went to bed too early. One call wanted to know if I wanted to send letters to all my neighbors asking them to donate money to some cause that I guess I've supported in the past. How many ways can I say No?

Now I'm up and completely overwhelmed by all the photos. I have about 400 of mine plus 300 of Bob's (from just the first few days). I don't know where to start.

I'm enjoying my souvenir chest cold which is no doubt thanks to running around wet with cold feet and hours spent in public transportation. I hate getting coughs because they tend to stick around for weeks.

I made sure to cough on all the horrible children running around on the flight yesterday.

There's a bus from the Portland International terminal to the regular terminal and there were three men who got on and sat by me. One of them said the flight wasn't so bad and I must have made a face because another one said: You look like you don't agree. Were you sitting near all the children?

Today's plan is to drink peppermint tea and continue re-acclimation. Also do some writing and yoga since I just took two weeks off and I need to get my groove back.

Have I explained that Bob is staying in Europe for another week? Here are two posts from Bob's first day without me. Haarlem Part I and Harrlem Part II.