Monday, February 23, 2004

I N S O M N I A
What is my body's problem? It can't seem to go more than 1 or 2 nights of normal sleep without having a sleep deprived night. Is it getting back at me for never having children -- is my sleep repository too full? Last night was terrible. I woke up at 11:30p and didn't get to sleep until around 3:30a. I didn't eat or drink anything unusual yesterday nor did I consume unusual quantities of anything. I didn't watch too much TV or do anything agitating before bed. I was active during the day. I exercised, worked in the yard. I didn't take a nap. What happened? I wouldn't mind insomnia half as much if I didn't feel like death warmed over the next day. I have a lot of work to do today and it's stuff that needs sharp focus. On the bright side, I read another 100 pages of Middlesex.