Sunday, February 15, 2004

Still trying to get this new system organized. Efficiency eludes me. I have a complaint about OS X which is it has that annoying windoze quality of making me confirm every stupid thing I want to do. I hit a keyboard command to bookmark a webpage and then I have to click again that yes, I do want to add as a bookmark. It asks me if I'm sure I want to shut down. All the double whammy not necessary.

Here's a link to a hilarious website by a new Mom. Quote: "A good day is defined entirely by how many personal hygiene operations I can complete successfully. Brushing my teeth = pretty good day. Brushing my teeth + brushing my hair = I’m doing really good. Brushing my teeth + brushing my hair + taking a shower = I HAVE TAKEN A SHOWER! BEHOLD MY MOTHERLY ABILITIES!"

Also CBS apologized for the OutKast Indian number. Quote: "CBS television on Friday apologized for any offense taken at the American Indian-motif Grammy Awards performance by the hip-hop group OutKast that some Native Americans have condemned as racist." ... " 'We are very sorry if anyone was offended,' CBS spokeswoman Nancy Carr said when asked about the NACC boycott. She declined to comment further." How perfunctory is that?