Sunday, February 07, 2010

Pointless Wanking



One of my Clarion West instructors Connie Willis signs her latest book for me.

Since the beginning of the year I've been trying to get this story revised and ready to submit. It's a long one and has given me an extra amount of headache since the very first draft.

That one was set aside for a little rest and I started preparing a different story for submitting. This one was a lot more fun which was a refreshing surprise. I thought maybe I was always going to find revisions agonizing.

My point is that I've been putting almost all of my free time into these stories and I'm starting to feel a bit frazzled on everything else. As soon I get them both submitted I'm taking a day to do maintenance which includes house things, yard work, errands and probably the taxes, also the millions of photos and duplicates I have in various unlabled folders and the 50 URLs I have saved in a folder in my desktop to look at later. Why do I do this to myself?

I can't help it. I saved them, now I have to look.

I did finally get a few more of those old photos scanned and will share later this week.