Saturday, November 21, 2009



We did our annual Bob's Red Mill trek this morning. Serving breakfast starting at 6am. (We didn't get there until 8am)

Misheard Lyrics

Bob and I went on an long walk this afternoon when the rain stopped.

On the way home Bob randomly said: "What's up with that Madness song? 'Our house, in the middle of the street ... ' Was it really in the middle of the street?"

I said, "In the middle of OUR street."

He thought for a few seconds and then said, "OH. Like the middle of the block. I get it."



But that reminded me of my favorite song lyric of all time. I've probably already blogged about it because I love it so much.

It's from the classic Warrant album Cherry Pie from the song, Uncle Tom's Cabin and it goes like this:
Me and Uncle Tom were fishin' it was gettin'
Pretty late
Out on a cypress limb above the wishin' well
Where they say it got no bottom say it take
You down to Hell
- - -

They were fishing in a bottomless wishing well!?!?!?

I just hope I get to meet Jani Lane someday so I can ask him about it.