Wednesday, November 25, 2009



We got new recycling bins. Instead of sorting our stuff into three little bins, we dump it all into this big bin. Except for glass which goes in a separate little bin. I probably should read the instructions in more detail. Our garbage cans are so small, you could maybe fit a 12 year old in one. This thing is so big you could fit a 12 year old, me AND Bob in it.

Part I

Last week when I was at the airport, I went to LameAss Airlines to see about the potential problem with my plane ticket.

The LameAss guy shook his head and said, "Oh no. That's a problem. On an international flight the ticket must be issued exactly like it says on your passport. But I can't help you."

LameAss Airlines has been purchased by Ginormous Airlines. This is the second time that LameAss Airlines has allowed me to purchase a ticket to fly on one of their planes but when I had a question told me they couldn't answer it, I had to deal with Ginormous Airlines.

So I walked to the other side of the airport where everyone at Ginormous Airlines was on a break. I flagged down a lady and she listened to my problem and then flapped her hands at me like how could I be so silly. "One letter different? That's no problem. Don't worry about it."

"You're sure?" I said. "I don't want to arrive for my international fight and find out I have a problem."

Her smiled disappeared. "I'll ask my colleagues." She then goes back to where the Ginormous Airlines employees were sitting around and said, "One letter off on the ticket isn't a problem is it?"

"Nope," they all agreed. "No problem."

I'm doomed.



Looking south on Interstate 5

Part II

Here's the tentative menu for tomorrow

Matt's Salmon Cakes with Easy Remoulade Sauce

Cedar Plank Salmon

Mark Bittman Quinoa-Wild Rice dish (#24)

Bob's Acorn Squash Fries (I don't know where he got the recipe. I think he said a vegan resource which if you know him, is pretty hysterical.)

Jay Lake's Knot Rolls.

and Cooks Illustrated Pumpkin Pie using pumpkin I grew myself.

I'm going to do a computer free day tomorrow since I haven't done one in forever and I want to spend the day hanging around the kitchen.