Friday, January 15, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Tragedy of 2010



Historically I've always left the pumpkin crop on the kitchen counter. I've kept them there for months and never had a problem.

This year I got the bright idea of leaving them out in the shop. It's cooler out there and they won't be in the way.

Also, I never really looked at them and they caught a terrible case of the MOLD. Why isn't there a wildly successful horror story about mold? It's one of my most terrifying things right up there with being eaten alive by a bear or alligator and being chased by aliens on a lonely road in the middle of the night.

I salvaged one and have learned my lesson.



The photos are of a weather beacon downtown. We have a clear view of it from our new office and we learned how to read it from this handy article online. Red is warmer, white is colder and green is staying the same. Blinking means it's raining. It's always blinking.

These photos weren't taken on the same day in case you're wondering.