Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Secrets of Really Great Pie



Looking upriver. Klamath River at Dolans Bar.

Last night I dreamed I was visiting this pie making class.

I was telling the pie makers about this recipe I wanted to try. It's a pumpkin pie but you put chunks of dark chocolate onto the pie crust before you pour the filling in. I have this recipe in real life and, for reasons unknown, I still haven't tried it.

In the dream one of the pie makers made a pumpkin pie with two handfuls of candy corn.

When I woke up I kinda wanted to look online and see if there was such a recipe. But I'm not sure how I would feel if there was.

My only other comment of the day: is the "tips to a flat belly" ad financing the Internet? Almost every single site I read has these ads for the secrets to a flat belly. I clicked on it and right now it's on sale, for a limited time (heh heh) for $40. I guess it's a book and secrets? I spent about 20 years of my life as a professional dieter and I can say with a great deal of confidence FOR FREE that it's how much you eat vs. how active you are. There is no magical formula because believe me, I would have found it. I guess I should keep my thoughts to myself because otherwise who is going to pay for the Internet?