Sunday, October 21, 2007

 Where Does All The Time Go?

I can't believe it's already Noon on Sunday. I haven't managed my time well this weekend at all. But I did some good reading.

Last night we watched The Wind That Shakes the Barley. It's a great movie with great performances but it is a very hard movie. It's set in 1920 and is about Ireland fighting for independence. Cillian Murphy is really good.

But it's a long movie, it's brutal and people have to make terrible, heart-breaking decisions. I don't mind hard movies but I was not up for this last night and by the time it ended I was cranky and mad at the filmmaker. Plus my dinner disagreed with me and sipping ginger tea, my favorite remedy in such situations, wasn't helping.

We had this red pepper something soup which tasted fabulous. Lick the bowl delicious. We were under the impression that it was vegan but I can't imagine what you could put in vegan soup that would make it so rich so I'm guessing that "V" stood for vegetarian and it probably had heavy cream and butter in it. We're not vegan or even vegetarian so that's not an issue but if I had been paying better attention I wouldn't have eaten so much.

I had trouble falling asleep and woke up in the night with more rumbly stomach and thrashed around a bit. Bob was dead asleep but I heard him say, "Just go back to sleep. You'll feel better in the morning." Very sweet.

This afternoon is the big Def Leppard Reunion get together for Hysteria! The Def Leppard Story. And I still haven't had time to check the tape so I hope it's functional or else we'll have to fire up the turntable and dance to Pyromania, instead.