Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best Christmas Ever!

Back from holiday. It was fantastic.

First, check out this photo of Bob with the Grinch. That was from Idaho.

If you don't remember, last Christmas was ruined. We had such bad weather we didn't get to see family. We had no tree and barely any presents. We did have a nice dinner, just the two of us.

This year totally made up for it.



We had an uneventful drive down. We ran into a tiny bit of snow on one of the mountains but otherwise, clear sailing.



My Dad made this for my Mom. I said it should be in a museum.

We went mushrooming with Mom and Auntie.

I've never been before. We tumbled out of the car and in about three seconds Mom took off up the steep, heavily brushed and leaf-slick mountain in one direction and Auntie took off in the other. I tried to scramble along stupidly wearing my giant coat, carrying my camera in one hand and my pen and notebook in the other.

When we went to the next stop, I didn't make that mistake. And I found my first mushroom. A Tan Oak. The photo is on Bob's camera. I show it later.



Later Erin showed up with the world's biggest lap dog.



This is a sign at Somes Bar at Hwy 96 and Ishi Pishi Road.

Every day we went on long walks with hills so we could keep eating and still fit into our pants.



Klamath River

The river was running fast and pretty.



For Christmas we all got big piles of books.

My Mom said, "Let's cancel dinner and sit around and read."

But we didn't.



Here's the Pamily at dinner. People love it when you take photos of them while they're eating.

Great time. Glad to be home. I'm going to the office tomorrow and then taking off until Jan 4. Yay.