Monday, December 28, 2009

She Can Do The Splits



I took this photo for Keetha's benefit. Our traditional Christmas morning breakfast: huevos rancheros. This recipe looks close to how we do it. And by we, I mean my sister and Mom.

Yesterday I couldn't find some notes. I was positive I knew where they were so I kept checking the same place over and over even though they weren't there.

In the process I found a folder with ancient old journal stuff. Part is a travel journal from I think Fall 1979. The other is stuff from the 80's. Some of it is hilarious and some so pitiful I can't believe I never burned it.

There may be excerpts coming up.

I was reading the obituaries in my historical society magazine the other night. They're really sweet. They always have a photo of the person young and then the person old. They're always well loved people with interesting lives.

One of them was for this lady who died in her late nineties. In the first paragraph it said that she had lettered in basketball and had participated in gymnastics and could do the splits.

I ran to find Bob and said: Please put that in my obituary. "She could do the splits!"