Sunday, December 13, 2009



Kootenai River, Idaho

My Girls

I can't tell you how hard it's been not to write an update after every single episode of the Gilmore Girls. I get those DVDs and I sit in front of my TV with my knees under my chin and my fists pressed against my mouth and I repeat over and over, "I love this show. Why isn't everyone watching this show?"

And they were. In 2000. I'm watching a show that was a hit almost a decade ago. Bob said: you're revisiting the decade through your show. This is the chickiest show ever. It was like it was invented for me. There was an episode where they went to see The Bangles.

Thank the world for DVD. I am going to have one excellent xmas break. I am only on Disk 6, Season 1. There are 36 disks left. 30 if I skip season 7 as I've been advised.

I promise I won't keep talking about it.

In other news. Have I recommended My Cardboard Life? It makes me smile almost every time I read it. I think you should check it out. I know, I hate when blogs try to tell you what to do, but this is trying to make you smile.

I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit and yesterday I wrapped a few gifts that I'd bought. At least I started.

We had this giftwrap roll that was still in the plastic. I unwrapped it and it had texture, like a sand painting. I wrapped my gift and the tape wouldn't stick.

What kind of moron invents gift wrap that tape won't stick to?

I had to get out some packing tape and put giant strips of that on it. How pretty! And I'm afraid to move it because if the tape doesn't stick I'm going to have a major hissy fit. Woo! Christmas.

Also, still annoyed by that chestnuts and open fire song. I don't care what version it is.

BUT, in Spokane I went to Cabelas. It is probably one of the top 10 stores on the planet. It's huge and filled with outdoor stuff. There was an aquarium. There was a shooting gallery. There was a giant room with guns. There was a diorama type thing in the middle with tons of stuffed bears and deer and elk. AND while I was there, they played Mannheim Steamroller my favorite Xmas music ever.