Wednesday, December 09, 2009



The Butt Post

Our office building management sent us a questionnaire last year. Maybe they do it every year. Last year was our first year here so I don't know.

They asked for suggestions and I suggested some sort of butt can for smokers. No matter how you feel about smoking, people do it. They have to do it outside and if there's no place to put the butt they throw it on the ground. Then there are oodles of butts all around when you walk outside the building.

I didn't think it would be a huge drain on building resources to stick a butt can out there and empty it once a day.

Apparently someone agreed with me because one day as I walked in, I noticed a butt can sorta like this one. Great.

Then the next day the panhandlers had knocked it over and spread the butts all over the ground looking for some tidbits to smoke.

And that was the end of the butt can.